Clean Eating Tortilla Chicken Stew
(Makes approximately 7 servings)
- 1 1/2 lb. (680 g) raw chicken breasts
- 1 (12 oz.) jar of your favorite clean salsa (I use Salsa Authentica from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 pound (454g) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen, mixed bell peppers (also found at Trader Joe’s)
- 3 organic, corn tortillas, ripped or shredded by hand
- Olives and yogurt for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the pot, and pour everything else over it. (Cover and store in the fridge overnight if needed)
- Place pot/insert in your slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Note that the tortillas will not look very pretty after cooking. But they do add a nice flavor.
- When cooking is finished, simply use a wooden spoon to stir everything up and break apart the chicken.
- Serve garnished with some sliced, black olives and/or a dab of plain yogurt.
Read more: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-tortilla-chicken-stew/#ixzz2pTCJzfTq
© The Gracious Pantry. All rights reserved.
Follow us: @graciouspantry on Twitter | GraciousPantry on Facebook
What I added to mine:
- 1 can of organic black beans
- 1 small can of green chile (gives it some extra flavor)
- Added a small amount of cheese as well instead of olives and garlic